In a society in which many peoples’ lifestyles have become increasingly frantic and stressful, leisure time and relaxation have become of paramount importance to balance the stresses and strains of modern living. A well-decorated home can become a sanctuary from the rigours of everyday life; a place that will provide a feeling of comfort, contentment and well-being, as well as a place to relax with family and friends. How do you go about creating these surroundings?
I quite often receive enquiries from clients who have made a few mistakes at the start of a project, and are not quite sure what to do next. Once I have arranged a consultation with them I find that clients have tried to tackle the renovation themselves, because they believe it will save them time and money, only to find themselves getting into difficulties through lack of imagination, inspiration and experience.
For most of us, a major renovation has to last a long time, can be time consuming and expensive, so you want to be sure of getting the best advice from the right person. Therefore, it is always good to seek professional expert advice at the start of a project, especially when skills and imagination are lacking.
- Firstly, make a wish list of what is important to you.
- Be clear about what you are trying to achieve.
- Seek the advice of a design consultant and work closely with them.
- Try to keep within your budget. The amount of money you have to spend will be an important factor when planning a major project.
- Keep your costs down by simple financial management.
- Always try to select the best materials you can afford, this is where a design consultant can help you.
- Save money by long-term planning as well as short-term saving.
Seeking the help of a design consultant will allow you to enjoy the whole experience, take part in the creativity of your home, and finally when the project is completed, – you can sit back, relax and enjoy your pleasant newly renovated surroundings.